Artist Trading Cards are fun, and not too time consuming. They are also really great for introducing one new method or tool in a class or during a demo – instead of using tags or bookmarks all the time. I created an ATC template for a stamping group I belong to, but it could be adapted for any art/craft ATC swap. I also created the envelope file, and just love how they turned out!
I admit, sometimes I stand next to my Maxx Air, mesmerized as I watch ‘writing perfection’ take form. It kinda makes my brain fuzzy though – since it writes from right to left.
- Standard material (red cap) blade
- Embossing tool
- Gel Pen (I didn’t want to take my pen apart, so I lazily wrapped card stock and then painter’s tape around the barrel). If this wasn’t my everyday pen, I would have disassembled it and used the wonderful pen tool. I wasn’t going for 100% precision, so I was okay with it being imperfectly centered.
- Stamping card stock 8.5 x 11 for ATCs (you could use any material you want for the ATCs, I’ve used canvas and handmade papers for example)
- WorldWin CutMates card stock 12 x 12 (for envelope)
- Scrapbooking Adhesive
Settings (Maxx Air):
- Writing with a Gel Pen
- f = 32
- v = 300
- p = 1
- Cutting WorldWin CutMates
- f = 65
- v = 300
- p = 1
- Place the ATC paper on the mat between the rollers, or raise the pinch wheel so it does not make contact with the paper and smudge your writing.
- Insert your pen tool, hide the cut layer and become mesmerized as your KNK writes the text perfectly.
- Replace the pen tool with the standard blade, hide the writing layer and show the cut layer.
- Cut the ATCs. Remove and set aside.
- Place the 12 x 12 WorldWin CutMates paper on the mat.
- Insert your embossing tool, hide the cut layer and show the emboss layer to emboss the fold lines.
- Replace the embossing tool with the standard blade, hide the emboss layer and show the cut layer and cut the perimeter of the envelope.
- Remove the envelope from the mat and press the fold lines.
- Use scrapbooking adhesive to adhere the flaps.
- Embellish ATC and envelope as desired.
Download the free file here for a limited time. Have some fun with it!