Sometimes I find a stain on clothing or other item and have no idea what it is, or where it came from. This happened to me recently when I found stains on two different unused items; one was a Onesie on which I had applied HTV but it had not been worn, and the other was an unused flour sack towel.
After unsuccessfully attempting to remove the stains, I was going to discard the items… which seemed like such a waste. It then occurred to me that I might be able to use HTV to hide stains.
- Stained garment/item
- ThermoFlex Plus
- Red Capped Blade
- Iron or Heat Press
- Pressing cloth or Teflon sheet
Settings for KNK Zing:
- Force – 15
- Speed – 10
- Multicut 1 or 2
- Decide on design that will cover stain adequately.
- Cut and weed design.
- Lay out design carefully to make sure it covers stain.
- Use heat press or iron per manufacturer’s instructions. (Don’t forget to use Teflon sheet or pressing cloth between clear transfer sheet and iron/heat press.)
- Remove transfer sheet. Repeat last step.
- Enjoy your renewed garment!
Although the Onesie that I used for this process already had HTV on it, you could use this idea for any stained t-shirt or other garment. Get creative! Just check manufacturer information to see if the HTV can be used on the fabric content of your item.