Come join Michele Harvey and Omayra Duarte from Team KNK!!!! Master your Klic-N-Kut digital cutting system and Make-the-Cut software! We are getting ready for the next KNK Retreat in Orlando, FL January 16-18, 2015. Orlando is best known as the State of Magic which is exactly why Team KNK plans to show you all the Magic that you can create with your fabulous KNK machine! You will be mesmerized at the things you can do once you have mastered your KNK machine and software; the magic will just start flowing out of you and your machine.
This project is a banner I made using a few different materials; it was actually quite simple to make using the KNK machine.
- KNK cutter machine
- Blue and Red Cap Blade
- Fun Foam
- Acrylic Paint
- PVC Pipe and elbows
- Decorative Tape
- KNK Groove-e
- Force = 25 for Fun Foam
- Force = 15 for the vinyl
- Speed = 150
- Make the frame with some PVC pipe and elbows
- Cut a piece of plastic to hang on the frame that you just assembled
- After that design your banner; my design is a welcome banner for the retreat
- The logo for the retreat plus the word “Welcome!”
- The mice; I cut them from Fun Foam and embellished them
- The grass at the bottom of the banner, which is made of Fun Foam
- I cut the vinyl using the red cap blade. As you can see I also outlined them with a different vinyl color.
- The two mice were made with Fun Foam and their faces were painted with acrylic paint.
- At the bottom of the banner I put the grass shape made out of Fun Foam.
- Whenever you make a project with Fun Foam remember to paint the edges with a darker color than your fun foam.
- After all of that, I printed a KNK Machine with my wide printer. I had to print this in two pieces and then assemble it on the banner.
The cost of the retreat is $395. For this price, you will receive 6-7 classes, 3-4 demonstrations and Make-n-Takes, 4 fabulous meals, lots of time for one-on-one assistance, class notes and files, free goodies, cutting materials and prizes! We will request topics of interest and will also feature favorite projects from Team KNK.
The room will open at 2:00 pm on Friday with the Meet and Greet starting at 3:00 pm and class at 4:00 pm. Dinner will be served at approximately 6:00 pm, followed by classes, demos, and an evening workshop. Saturday will be packed with classes, demos, challenges, games, lunch, dinner, and an open workshop in the evening. On Sunday, we’ll have one more class followed by brunch and some final Q&A, farewells, and then parting gifts – concluding by 1 pm. An optional, free class on Pop-Up Card Studio will be offered from 2-4 on Sunday.
Participation in all classes and demos is optional, so you can head out at any time to enjoy the local attractions. We encourage you to bring your laptop and/or cutter, but it’s not a requirement to join us as we will have extras and will seat everyone for sharing, as needed.
Your hotel room and travel expenses are separate. We bring you a wonderful deal with The Embassy Suites of $129 per night plus tax. A hot, made-to-order breakfast at the hotel and a nightly Evening Reception is included in the suite rate. If you live locally, you are not required to stay at the hotel. If you would like to be paired with a roommate, please note it in the application. You must mention Klic-N-Kut when you call the Embassy Suites Orlando Airport directly at (407) 888-9339.
The deadline for room reservations is December 18, 2014.
If you would like to have a guest join us for any of the meals, please include the request in your application. We will provide actual pricing after we have a final count (approximately $40/lunch and $50/dinner). This weekend retreat is available for up to 25 attendees and we’ll have a waiting list in case of cancellations.
Reserve your spot today by completing both of the following steps:
1. Complete the application online. Please complete all of the questions – each retreat is customized to the responses you provide. If you prefer, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you wish to attend. After receiving the email, we will send you a short application form to complete, scan and return. If you do not receive a response within 24 hours, please contact Michele at email@example.com. Sometimes the evil queen intercepts email and all could be lost if we don’t find each other somehow!
2. Send $195 deposit by check, money order, or PayPal to Michele Harvey, the event organizer. If your preference is PayPal, please use the email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for making a deposit is October 18, 2014. The balance of $200 will be due by December 1, 2014. If you prefer to make three payments, arrangements can be made.
The Embassy Suites Orlando Airport is conveniently located. Its amenities include:
- All-suite hotel that is less than 1 mile from Orlando International Airport
- Complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and nightly Evening Reception
- Complimentary 24-hour shuttle service to and from the airport
- Outdoor heated pool and whirlpool spa
- Near to world-famous theme parks, Port Canaveral, and other Orlando attractions