A great feature when designing 12×12 Scrapbook Layouts with your Klic-N-Kut is that you can use the sign blank to help you size the die cuts that you create for your pages.
Allow me to explain:
- My page was designed to feature a 4×6 and a 3×3.5 photo.
- The first thing I did was create rectangles to represent where I wanted them placed on my layout.
- I wanted to add a splash of the aqua from a second printed paper and opted to create a scalloped ring. So easy to do in the KNK software by creating a large circle and a small circle, selecting both objects and then using the TRANSFORM > FIT TO PATH feature. It took a few trials of deciding how many circles I needed and my cute shape was completed in less than a minute. Next I used the TRANSFORM > CONTOUR OBJECT feature to transform my scalloped circle into a scalloped ring.
- Using the same method I created a scalloped photo mat with a rectangle and circle.
- Chevrons are all the rage! So why not add some to my page. I created three 11x.5 rectangles, added nodes at every inch, shift-selected every other one and moved them up to create the angles!
- I created 5-petal flowers using the Shape Tool Star and rounded the points to a curve I found pleasing. Next I used the TRANSFORM > CONTOUR OBJECT feature to create a shadow effect. I cut the flowers in 3 sizes and flipped over the flower portion (I used double-sided printed paper) and pinched the petals to add dimension.
- The last thing I used the cutter for was to die cut my page title, “The pause is as important as the note.” I selected my font and opted to replace the “t” in note with an actual note. Took me just a moment to create in the KNK software using the graphic edit tool (both node and arc edit). I welded some of my title together and left some of the words free floating…why? Because that’s how I liked them.
I keep my 15″ KNK Maxx settings at Overcut 15 & Trailing Blade 20 because I only use my machine to cut paper.
See other projects I’ve created with my KNK on the KNK Gallery on my website at susan mast designs.
Supply List (supplies donated by Bazzill Basics Paper):
Kraft Cardstock [t9-960], Frosted Teal Cardstock [t19-7558] Garden Trellis/Ledger Pink Paper , Market Dots/Stitches Paper , Pretty Buttons   , Paper Flowers    , Jewels