I apologize for being late. I’ve been sick for three days. Finally seem to be on the mend so I was able to get into my craft room.
I know. I did a teacher thank you card last month. But then my favorite “go to” site www.lovesvg.com posted this design and I knew I had to use it.
I cut it out in red and green vinyl and reverse weeded it (and even used the hearts! It was easy, quick and done in no time at all. That’s my kind of card. These are 4.25 x 5.5 cards. I’m thinking I need to give one to my substitute today. Apparently my fish tank picked today of all days to overflow.
Zing: red blade, vinyl setting; SCAL 5
red vinyl, green vinyl, card stock (white 60#, kraft 120#).
Hope you all wished your Moms a Happy Mother’s Day. This was the card I made mine. I found a cute teacup svg silhouette online and traced it and easily duplicated and mirrored it into a card.
You know I love that svg love website, so I downloaded a cute little saying for the inside. I could’ve easily done a print and cut, but I was lazy, so I just printed it out in my laser printer and glued it on the inside.
I decorated the outside of the card with some sizzix die cuts I have. It’s funny that I have a machine that can create anything my brain can come up with (and that I have a drawing for) and yet I have sizzix dies… which take up space… and are only one size.
Machine Used: KNK Zing, red blade
sizzix dies (Tim Holriz tattered dies and letters)
embossing folder: swiss dots
I guess I’m in a rut with all my shaped cards… and that’s probably what I’m going to show you next month as well.
It is almost Valentine’s Day. When I needed to come up with a project for one of the classes I teach at the sewing/quilt store where I work, I decided to combine my hobbies again and make Valentine cards that used both the cutter and the embroidery machine.
Kits were prepared that contained three cardstock blanks. Two of the blanks had heart openings cut into the front of the card. The third card had a square of felt to be embroidered and sewn to the front. An extra piece of card stock was included in the kit to be glued over the inside of the front of the card to hide the stitching. Each kit contained an envelope that was cut from Valentine themed scrapbook paper. The envelopes were folded with the printed side to the inside and the plain white side to the outside.
The embroidered felt square was embroidered, trimmed with the rotary cutter with the pinking blade and then stitched to the front of the card with a long straight stitch. The two cards with the hearts were embroidered and as the last step of the embroidery, the prepared card blank was positioned over the embroidery and stitched to the fabric in the embroidery hoop.
Card blanks and felt squares were available in red, pink, and white.
dec-2016-team-knk Here is the file for some of the cards. The first and second cards are vinyl, #3 is a Cuddlebug embossing file and the stars are cut from cardstock, #4 is white vinyl on cardstock, #5 is glitter vinyl, #6 is left over vinyl from my last post,# 6 is a My Scrap Chick file cut from vinyl and applied to sparkly paper, #7 is also a My Scrap Chick file cut from a combination of cardstock and vinyl, and the last card is all card stock.
Making them was the easy part, writing them out is another story.
A friend of mine heads up a non profit foundation in our state. The group likes to send out thank you cards to the donors a couple of times a year and she has asked me to make them. Because it is non profit I am willing to make them, generally I only make cards for myself, friends and family.
Because she wanted 225 cards in a few weeks she agreed to keep the design simple. I sent her several designs but apparently her group had a “pintrest” idea in their heads and that is what they wanted. OMG…it could barely get worse…225 cards, 5400 pieces. They loved the finished product.
I am surprised I didn’t have nightmares ,it took me about 20 hours to complete the 225 cards. :~( Parts of this were a purchased file or I would share…stay tune next week and I will have files to share.