I do not have one of those “to-die-for” kind of craft spaces. I do love my space… but it truly is more “function” than “form”. In fact, it often isn’t even as functional as I’d like it, because it seems to be in constant stay of disarray.
Someday perhaps I’ll have my dream studio. But for now, I figure the least I can do is “pretty it up” a little.
So… today I created a string of pennants to add a little joy to my space. I’m not much of a paper crafter, but of course I have a large amount of purchased papers that sit and collect dust most of the time. It didn’t take long to find several pretty papers that I knew would work great!
Just picking out all of this pretty paper made me smile. I think I should do more paper crafting!
- Red capped blade
- String or Ribbon (I found mine at our local department store clearance center for $.50)
- Natural Kraft Cardstock or other solid color Cardstock
- Printed paper
- Make-The -Cut
- Free MTC “Pennant- Double-Layer Scalloped” File
- KNK Zing settings: (your settings will vary depending on the paper/cardstock you choose)
- Force – 40
- Speed – 10
- Multicut – 2 to 3 (My paper weight varied so I increased the multicut to 3 at times. This worked better than increasing the force for accommodating the different papers that I cut.)
- Choose a variety of printed papers, as well as some plain cardstock for the back layer.
- Download my free file from MTC Gallery. “Pennant- Double-Layer Scalloped”
- Cut your papers into 6 X 6 squares and lay them on your carrier mat. A brayer is very helpful to get the paper stuck down evenly. (Make sure the mat is not too sticky or the paper will be difficult to remove.)
- Cut your pennants. (I found it easiest to use Knife Point setting.)
- Remove the pennants from the mat.
- Now adhere your solid color to the mat and cut the back, scalloped layer. (I set this layer up for a 8.5″ X 11″ paper because that is what I had. If you have a 12″ X 12″ sheet, you’ll need to duplicate.)
- Cut file and remove pennants.
- Layer pennants and string onto ribbon.
- Hang them up to add a little fun to your space, or use for your next celebrations!