Spooky Banner

Need a quick Banner for an event?  Make something like this:

I chose a simple font (Times New Roman) and sized my letters to 9.5″ tall. Then I selected each letter individually and used Transform>Contour Object to create a mask around letters (I used 5 as my contour setting). 

I decided to create a web on the interior of the P and created it free-hand using the pencil tool and then thickening the lines I created.  Once I had a “web” that I was satisfied with, I welded my web to the outlined P shape.


Next I created “cat eyes” in my O’s.  This was a simple task completed by adding a diamond in the interior of the O and welding everything together.  

I keep my 15″ KNK Maxx settings at Overcut 15 & Trailing Blade 20 because I only use my machine to cut paper.

See other projects I’ve created with my KNK on the KNK Gallery on my website at susan mast designs

All Supplies provided by Bazzill Basics Paper

  • All Hallows Eve Printed Papers [304316]
  • Ebony Cardstock [T15-1080]
  • Fall Leaves [303765 & 303949]
  • Paper Flowers [304266, 304038 & 304181]
  • Modern Brown Button [303422]
  • Glitter Spiders purchased at Pier One
  • Ribbons & Tulle are from designer’s personal stash

20 thoughts on “Spooky Banner

  1. I really like your banner. We are having a Halloween Baby Shower this weekend and something like this would be awesome. I will give it a try.

  2. Very Halloweeny, Susan!!! I like the cat eyes and the rhinestone is the perfect touch. Thanks for sharing.

  3. Love the special little touches of the web and diamond. Great project! I can see using this idea for lots of occasions.

  4. wow..now that is eye catching…it took my fancy as soon as the page loaded…what a wonderful project and what a great job you did…love it

    thank you …for the wonderful instructions

  5. As usual Susan, you didn’t disappoint. This banner is fabulous. I love it.
    It is so very Halloween. I like the fact that you took an easy font like Times New Roman and made it into something with WOW power.
    Your projects just keep setting the bar higher. Thanks so much for sharing.

Comments are closed.