I saw a lovely special occasion reminder book on Bloglovin, and just loved the concept. That particular one was focused on a specific brand of stamps, but I wanted to create one that utilizes the power of my KNK digital cutting systems. This post is step 1 of 2 for the project. Step 2 will follow on January 7th. This is where the project will come together using a variety of mediums.
The first thing I needed to do was create my pages; one page for each month. I imported a scroll shape for the frame and added lines for the items that will be handwritten into the book. I used the Print and Cut feature in Make-the-Cut and printed the insets on various colored card stock with different colors of ink. The cut lines were created using basic shapes (a rectangle and circles).
I want the book to be durable, so I also cut hole reinforcements.
I added double sided adhesive and placed the reinforcements over the ring holes on both sides. I thought about using the back side of each page for the next month’s list, but decided to keep that area free for decoration/embellishments.
I am making this book for my mom and she likes as much color as possible, so I went with a multitude of color combinations.
Settings (Maxx Air):
- f = 25
- v = 300
- passes = 1
- Printer (for the Print-and-Cut insets)
- 8.5 x 11 card stock in various colors
- double sided adhesive tape
- Import shapes, or use basic shapes in MTC to create the desired page shapes. For these tabbed pages I used the rounded rectangle in multiple sizes.
- Weld shapes as needed.
- Import shapes and/or use basic shapes to create the inset with note lines and any desired decorations. Be sure it will fit on your page without covering the ring holes.
- Follow the instructions in the appropriate KNK User Manual (Maxx Air) to complete the Print-and-Cut.
- Adhere the hole reinforcements and insets to the cut pages.