This time I wanted to decorate a table for our BEAUTIFUL granddaughter. I found the table at a garage sale for $3.00. The table was all painted with markers and crayons. As soon as I saw the table my mind was blown and full of ideas on how I could cover the table for Our Little Princess and because I have a WONDERFUL machine called KNK Groove-e, I said “yeeessss, that is going to be so much fun”. The table came with four different color chairs that I did not want to change, so I took pictures of my granddaughter with clothes that I knew would match the scheme of the table set. She looks absolutely ADORABLE.
Michele and I went to Accugraphics and we bought a TERRIFIC new material called Pressure Sensitive GlitterFlex. Ok, below is the step-by-step on how I did this project.
- MTC Software
- Cutter Machine
- Pressure Sensitive GlitterFlex
- Picture or Embellishment as desired
- Casting Resin
- I painted the whole table.
- I measured the table to determine the sizes I needed for the pictures and the vinyl.
- I cut a border with my granddaughter’s name “Carlea” but I cut each letter ‘in relief’ inside a flower using the Pressure Sensitive GlitterFlex vinyl.
- Then I applied the border to the table and printed the pictures.
- I glued the pictures to the table with Mod Podge and put Mod Podge on top of the pictures as well to ensure they would not peel off.
7. The last step was to mix resin with a hardener and pour it on top of the table so she can eat and put her cups without damaging the photos.
Now she has a personalized table that all her friends will admire! AND because of the resin it will last her a long time and will be super easy for me to clean!!