I am getting ready for Christmas! I love making Personalized Items so I wanted to make some personalized gifts. As always, with my KNK cutter machine I can take pretty much any inexpensive item and make it look very expensive, Lol. So, I bought some candle holders and make them look different. What you see in the picture above are two candle holders. I glued them together to make it just one piece.
Now I will explain how to make it and the materials that I used.
- Vinyl, use it as a stencil
- Glass Paint
- Candle Holders
- Glass Glue (I used Epoxy that drys clear)
- F = 15
- V = 150
- Cut the vinyl with your cutter machine using the design that you want to put on your glass
- Place the vinyl design on your glass like if you were to make an etching.
- Now, instead of putting etching cream you can paint it with glass paint. The difference is that you have to leave the paint to dry for an hour before you do the second coat.
- After the last coat of paint is completely dry, take the vinyl out slowly so the paint does not come off with the vinyl.
- Then, put it in the oven and set the oven to 350 for 30 minutes.
- Leave the glass, it needs to be completely cold before you remove them from the oven.
- Now, glue the two pieces together. And Finally you will have a beautiful gift that you did all by yourself. The Paint is permanent and dishwasher safe.
The white one looks as if it was vinyl but it is glass paint.
Below there is a Picture of how it looks with the Etching.