- Foil Card Stock 10 pt
- CutMates Card Stock
- Aleene’s Tack It Over and Over
- White Gel pen
Today I will share with you a ‘Prom’ scrapbook cover page project using several different KNK methods. The theme is 007 – yes, I mean the one and only James Bond! I used both my Maxx 24″ and my Zing for this project – mostly so I could go back and forth between them and do multiple things at one time. My daughter’s prom dress is a black evening gown with a flirt of white showing through an inverted V off to one side. She will be wearing black satin opera gloves and gads of rhinestones. Her date is going to be dressed in a James Bond style tux. If you remember my previous post showcasing body art created with my KNK, you’ll want to come back and see what I have in mind for Prom!
I began with a photo, and using MTC I created stacked, grayscale scans to emboss. Although Bridgette Bardot was never a Bond girl, this picture embodies the “look” my daughter wants to capture in her ensemble.
After tracing and adjusting until I achieved a satisfactory scan, I flipped the design so that the embossed cardstock would be in the same direction.
Once the file was done, my next step was to prepare my ‘cutting’ surface. I use craft foam sheets as my surface to emboss cardstock. To start, I spread Aleene’s Tack It Over and Over (mixed 50/50 with water) onto my craft foam using a sponge paint brush. I let it dry for an hour or so. Using a very tacky KNK mat and this prepped craft foam, I don’t have to tape down my surface, and never worry about it moving/shifting on the mat. I simply use a brayer to ensure good contact.
I placed the craft foam sheet in the center of my mat, so that my pinch wheels do not roll on it. If you allow the pinch wheels to roll on the craft foam, it will eventually wear out and start to break up along those roller lines.
Next, I taped down my card stock, finish side down. I used a good masking tape, so I can just tape two of the edges.
Then I loaded the mat with the craft foam and cardstock into my Maxx, set my speed to 450 and my pressure to 135, and sat back to watch the magic happen.
I really like how the rose turned out:
Next, I loaded 12×12 paper into my Zing to trim as a 2-layer square mat. For the final touch, I used a Uniball white pen to write the title with my Maxx (using the spacers created on my Maxx previously.)
Here is another embossed design, tinted with alcohol inks (don’t laugh at my mistake, I did correct it later):
I hope to see you back in a few weeks, when I reveal my Prom bling surprise!