This is a party favor (notebook cover) that I am making for the girls coming to my granddaughter’s first birthday.
There are two ways of making this cover:
1. Glue the cover directly onto the notebook
- Open the notebook up and flip over so that you can measure the full size of the back cover. Draw a rectangle in the software with that information. Cut out the rectangle using your cutting machine. I used my adorable KNK Groove-e.
- Glue the rectangle to your notebook.
- From the software, cut a smaller rectangle and apply a decorative border to this one. This rectangle is glued to the lower side of the notebook cover.
- Select and cut the character you want for the front. I used a free Hello Kitty File from MTC’s on-line gallery. This software has a lot of cutting files that look so TERRIFIC in any project.
- Apply glitter (optional) to your cut out character, as I did to Hello Kitty’s clothes and bow.
- If you want your character to look 3D, pre-heat your iron and put all the pieces on top of the iron until you see the Fun Foam begin to rise. It will take less than a minute.
- Next, glue your character onto the cover.
- Finally, personalize the cover adding the name cut from vinyl.
2. A removable cover to use with any notebook or book
- Just as in the first step above, measure your notebook, but this time add .50″ to the width and height.
- Draw a rectangle in the software using the larger dimensions and cut it out. I used my adorable KNK Groove-e.
- Do NOT glue the cover to your notebook. Instead, cut two rectangles to use on the inside of the covers for attaching the larger rectangle cover.
- Proceed using the same steps as in the prior method.