I wanted to try shrink film with my KNK Groove-e and I love it. The results were better than expected. With the Shrink Film, I wanted to make a mini ornament to use on gifts or Christmas cards but these ornaments can be used on small Christmas trees if you would like or as a key chain. The machine cut it so nicely, now it is time to use your imagination to see what else we can make with the KNK Groove-e and shrink film.
It is not hard to do it but a lot of fun.
- Thick Material Blade (blue cap)
- Shrink Film
- Heat Gun or Oven
Settings (Maxx Air):
- F = 45
- V = 150
- P = 3
- I chose an ornament design from the Gallery of MTC software.
- Re-size your design 50% larger than the size you want your ornament to be
- Cut your design with your cutter machine
- Take a cookie pan and put parchment paper on top of it
- Place your cut out on top of the wax paper and cover it with another parchment paper
- If you are using a Heat gun to shrink it, start heating the cut out evenly until it shrinks
- If you are using the Oven, Preheat oven to 350F
- Bake for approximately 2-3 minutes
- Do not remove from oven until piece is flat.