Hey everyone! How’s it going?
Been extremely busy, but luckily had a little time to make stuff.
CherylC on the Make the Cut forum was kind enough to share this box file so I decided I had to play with it.
I didn’t have any transparency sheets to use as the clear piece, so I cut up a page protector and stuck that in there. It looks a little wrinkled because I did that purposely so you could see it.
Tile coasters! I picked up these tiles at Lowes for 37 cents a piece and went to town. You have to use Staz-eeze ink on them and unfortunately I couldn’t find orange so I used a sharpie and it seemed to work. My pumpkin is a little smudged because of my stellar stamping skills (yep, that’s sarcasm).
I discovered you have to buy a special cleaner or you can’t get that ink off of your stamps. It also cleans up the tiles when you make mistakes! I just got the stuff at Joann’s, it was called Stamp Cleaner, which seems like a fitting name.
I hot glued some cork at the bottom so you don’t scratch up your good furniture if you have good furniture. I personally don’t, but that’s because I have two kids and four dogs.
You could also cut your designs out of vinyl and stick them on the tile too. It’s probably what I should have done as I am as stamp-challenged as I am glue challenged.
But wait. There’s more.
I really liked the box CherylC designed and shared, but decided I wanted it all in one piece and so took on the challenge to draw it, using her dimensions.
Basically it’s one piece instead of 5. Her box is a more sturdy, which is good for tiles, but I wanted something different because I’m lazy and didn’t want to glue so much.
So that’s my version, which is one piece for the lid and one for the bottom. I even managed to make it fit on an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper. Double bonus.
What did I put inside of this one?
Cards! I made some 4″ square cards and put some designs from Lettering Delights. I used the font dbjackopattern3 for the faces and Little Booligans Accents for the spider web and spider card. I had some cute Halloween embossing folders so I used them to make them a little more interesting.
The kitty cat is my favorite.
I used one of those paper crinkler things on the pumpkin one.
Mr. Krapikreate asked, “Why did you put yellow on the background of the spider one?”
And I replied, “Because I can.”
BOO! I used foam tape to pop the hands out a bit.
The only thing I hate about specially sized cards is you have to make envelopes.
So I did.
I used Lettering Delights Envelope D set #7.
I went a little pattern crazy. Cause that’s how I roll. Oooh. That picture turned out on the orange side. Oh well, I did it on purpose so it would look spookier! (yeah, right, and I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn). Actually the coloring is off on all these card pictures. I may just reshoot them. I didn’t have enough light when I took these.
I sure love that world win paper from KNK. The Zing cuts that stuff like butter. The white and the black are Joann brand and the pattern paper is DCWV from the Halloween/Autumn stack.
Until next month.