I decided for my grandson I was going to make bibs for his first 12 months to see how big he is getting every month. I did this for my granddaughters and they looked so cute. So I decided to do something different and use fabric and holographic HTV (heat transfer vinyl) to make neckties on the bibs since I call him my Little Man.
- KNK Zing/Zing Air/Maxx Air Thick Material Blade
- KNK Zing/Zing Air/Maxx Air Fabric Blade
- Fabric Heat & Bond
- Holographic HTV (Heat Transfer Vinyl)
- White Baby Bib
- Force = 159
- Cuts = 3
- Speed = 9/10
- Yellow Blade at 25 degrees
For Holographic HTV
- Force = 103
- Cuts = 2
- Speed = 10/10
- Blue Blade at 45 degrees
- Create or open your design file. I opened my 1 month tie MTC file, duplicated and put each shape on its own layer.
- Hide the first layer and shadow the second layer at 0.0380
- I grouped the duplicate & shadowed layers and did a Boolean Join at B-A Difference.
- Hide the second layer & took the Eraser tool-checked Inverse-and erased the word month on the first layer (fabric layer). Now I have my 2 layers to cut.
- Heat press or iron the heat & bond to the fabric
- I taped the fabric with the heat & bond (material side up) to a sticky mat and cut out the tie.
- I put the Holographic HTV on the mat (back side up), I mirrored the layer and the cut the trim for the tie.
- I laid the tie (fabric) then the trim (HTV) on the bib and heat pressed it at 320 degrees for 15 seconds and peeled cold.
Now I just have to make 11 more!!!