Joyous times! My oldest son is getting married and his fiancé asked me to make an etching glass, for their guests. (as pictured above and below) She wanted to combine a gaming controller (specifically an “X-box” remote) with the cartoons/ “chibis.” That my younger son created/ designed for them. So using the program MTC, I was able to make a silhouette of a game control, in which I was able to add a heart, as well as the cartoon that my younger son created. I also wrote their names, under the controller.
- KNK Digital Cutting Machine (I used the Groove-e for this project)
- Standard (red cap) blade
- Transfer tape
- Etching Cream
- F = 15
- V = 150
- First, Using MTC, I traced the cartoons that my son created. And a silhouette of a gaming control as well.
- Then, using the Weld icon, I edited the graphics in order obtain the results that you see in the picture.
- After that, I cut the vinyl and weeded the parts I did not want.
- Followed by applying transfer tape.
- After that I proceeded to clean the glass with alcohol and allowed it to dry.
- Then I applied the vinyl to the glass and used it as a stencil.
- After which, I applied the etching cream and let it stand for 5 minutes. That is a cream that you can use over and over. So make sure that you put the cream back to it container.
- While waiting for those 5 minutes, I painted the frame.
- Finally, clean the glass and you are done. Add the glass to the frame and that is it, the project is complete. Congratulations!