I had so much fun engraving on craft plastic after the Orlando retreat, I wanted to try a glass tile. I just love the way it looks! For this particular project, I used the diamond fill – I wanted it to radiate from the ‘heart’ – and a black glass tile. I found a number of glass tiles at Menard’s in the clearance bin.
- Glass Tile
- Engraving Tool
Settings (Maxx Air):
- f = 70
- v = 180
- p = 2
- Tape the tile to the mat – between roller locations – ensuring that it will not move during the engraving process.
- Move the blade carriage over the tile so that you can test the tool height. Place 25 post it notes on top of the glass tile and insert the engraving tool. Tighten the engraving tool in place.
- Place the object at the lower right corner of the virtual mat in Make-the-Cut. Use WYSIWYG and set the origin at the lower right corner of the glass tile on your mat. I used a rounded square to simulate my tile so that I could properly place my words and silhouette.
- Uncheck ‘offset’ before engraving (using the settings for your model of KNK).
- Remove the glass tile and clean/polish.