It is almost Mother’s day and some of us are trying to figure out what to give our moms that looks expensive but it is not… LOL. Well, with my KNK Groove-e machine I made some really inexpensive gifts that look really nice. These are engraved Acrylic and Mirror. The mirror is a Candle base from the Dollar Store. The engraving tool did a great job on it. (It was impossible for me to take the picture without the mirror show the hands but the mirror looks very nice). If you want to personalize it, just engrave the name of that special person on it, or engrave a special message dedicated just to her.
- KNK Groove-e
- Engraving Tool
- Force = 150 for Acrylic Material, Three passes
- Force = 100 for the Mirror, Three Passes
- Speed = 150 (Almost all of my projects are done with this speed)
- Design your project in KNK Studio or MTC
- Insert the Engraving Tool and engrave your design
- Once engraved, insert the Blue Cap Blade, leave the force on 150 and cut the acrylic. (With the Mirror you do not have to do this step)
- Clean the Acrylic
- Finally, embellish as you desire. I cut the word Mom and placed it on top of the engraved word to make it 3D and then I added Butterflies with double side 3D tape. I placed different colored CardStock behind the acrylic to demonstrate different looks.