I hope you’re not getting tired of engraving projects – I haven’t exhausted my opportunities for trying different materials yet! For this project, I’m engraving Plexiglass for a photo frame.
I picked up the frame at a local thrift store and applied a coat of Rustoleum Hammered Metal in Black. I love upcycling and found a couple of other things for future projects while I was there.
- Plexiglass and frame
- Engraving Tool
- f = 120
- v = 200
- p = 2
- Create your design.
- Apply engraving fill as desired.
- Tape the plexiglass to the mat.
- Engrave. I love watching my design appear!
- Lightly blow with air or brush away the shavings with a soft cloth.
- Assemble into your picture frame. I placed a red piece of cardstock behind the plexiglass.
I envision this application working well together with shadow boxes and photograph backgrounds – its a whole new way of personalizing. Oh, oh, oh and I’d love to engrave a border for holiday photos! Good thing I bought 25 sheets of this stuff!