This month has been very busy… because we have been preparing for Our son’s, Bryan’s, graduation(s). He is graduating twice… one right after another… He graduated from High School, as well as from a Technical College. Gaining not only a diploma but a certificate in 3D Animation technology. Not to mention his outstanding grades :).We are VERY proud of him and wanted to celebrate his achievements. For this celebration I am making some party favors. I bought some notepads to make an embossed Graduation cover for it, using cardstock.
The materials that I used for this project were:
Settings for KNK Force:
For this project I used the dual-head of my KNK Force, putting the Red Blade to the left side of the machine head and the Embossing tool to the Right head of the Machine. This allows the machine to emboss and cut at the same time. In order to use the dual-head, First you have to calibrate the two tools for Alignment. This is covered in Chapter 5 Page 74, Utilizing Force Accessory Tools and The Dual Heads, in the KNK Force Manual.
The settings used for the Red Blade (left side):
- Passes = 1
- CD = 70
- CS = Default-40
- US = Default-40
- PS = Default-20
- LS = Default – 20
- Blade Offset – Red Blade
The Settings used for the Embossing Tool (Right side):
- Passes = 4
- Starting Depht = 130
- Ending Depht = (Same as start)
- CS, US, PS, and LS = Default
- Blade Offset = None
Steps to make the cover:
- First I scanned the notepad and opened it in MTC to make the cover.
- Once I create the cover in MTC, I started writting his name as well as the “2016.”
- Then I chose from the Galery of MTC, i chose a graduation file to emboss with his name/2016, that previously have been added to the cover.
- When the cover and the design were completed, I saved the file as a .SVG file to be opened in C3.
- When the file was opened in C3, Then I proceeded to change the layer settings according to the tools that I was using.
- Once, the machine had finished embossing and cutting, with the glue gun I glued the notepad to the cover and the graduation hat.
Thank you stopping by…