This time, I wanted to do something really different. So using a picture of my granddaughter, I made a cutting file cartoon. I used this picture taken in my aunt’s house, in Puerto Rico. She has a plastic cow in her front yard and my granddaughter thought she was riding a horse, Lol.
This file was possible using the “Draw Bézier Curves and Straight Lines”. one of the ways activate/ use the tool, is through the hot key F4. When you click F4 on your keyboard you will have the “Draw Bézier Curves and Straight Lines” tool activated.
After I finished tracing the picture, I wanted to stylize the picture of my granddaughter to be in a very popular cartoon style, lol, the “chibi” style. So after I finished tracing, I “squished” it down to the rough size of an average chibi. (3 heads tall). That is why, the picture showing the cutting file the girl looks smaller and chubbier, also cuter haha. For her hair, I made two pony tails because if you notice her hair in the picture… it is a mess, LOL.
- KNK Digital Cutting Machine (I used the KNK Force for this project)
- Red cap blade (I used the Red Cap and it worked perfectly)
- Acrilic Paint
- Curly Ribbon
- Paint brush
- Blade = Red
- BT = 2
- P= 1
- CD = 75
- CS= 20
- First, I opened the picture in MTC using the Pixel Trace icon. When the program opened the picture, which I was going to trace. I put the Threshold to 255 and marked the checkbox in Texturize Path and Blackout Path so the picture opens in MTC exactly as it is.
- Then, I opened the “Draw Bézier Curves and Straight Lines”. You can click F4 on your keyboard and you will have the “Draw Bézier Curves and Straight Lines” tool activated. Then I started to make the manual tracing. Click here to see the video of how to make a manual tracing by Sandy
- I traced every part of the picture on its own layer.
- After I finished tracing, I selected just the girl and made it smaller to looks like a chibi cartoon. I LOVE the Chibis Cartoons!!!
- Then, I cut the file, paint the borders, glued it together and painted the face of the girl.
- Finally, I decorated putting an earring. As well as some bows on her pony tails.The project is complete C:
I hope you have enjoyed the post, Now it is the time that you begin your own cutting file cartoons. HAPPY CUTTING!!!!
With our KNK Cutting Machines, anything is possible.