Cutlery pocket – Free File for the 4th of July!
I love the holidays and getting together with family and friends. My mom bought a lake house last fall where we get together at every opportunity (and now I don’t have to clean my house before and after every gathering!). Mom LOVES to decorate for the holidays. She usually is totally over the top! I’m helping out this coming holiday with homemade decorations because she doesn’t have much for this particular celebration.
Making life easier
Since we grab our food from the kitchen and head back outdoors whenever the weather is fair, I thought it would be nice to create some cutlery pockets to make the task easier (especially for the wee ones!) I love using the WorldWin ColorMates Smooth & Silky for this project, but any heavy card stock will work.
This is an emboss and cut project created in MTC:
One side will hold a napkin and the other side will hold the cutlery.
- Standard (red cap) blade
- Heavy card stock like WorldWin ColorMates Smooth & Silky
- Double sided Adhesive tape
- Napkins and cutlery
Settings (Maxx Air):
- f = 82
- v = 200
- p = 1
- Open the Cutlery Pocket file.
- Insert embossing tool (or use the blade with the lowest setting to just score the surface of your card stock).
- If using the embossing tool, be sure to set the offset to -0-.
- Hide the cut lines layer and send the emboss lines to the cutter.
- Once that is complete, hide the emboss lines and show the cut lines.
- Remove embossing tool and insert blade holder. Be sure to set the correct offset for the blade you are using.
- Test cut a small shape outside of the design area.
- Cut the pocket and remove from mat.
- Fold at emboss lines, apply adhesive and attach one flap to the ‘front’ and the other flap to the ‘back’ of the center piece.
- Fill with a napkin and cutlery.
- Save all of the cut out stars for table confetti.
Download the Cutlery Pocket file here.
For the bottle, see Memorial Day Table Topper (Free File)
For the banner, see Banner for Independence Day – Free File from Team KNK