Christmas Card Making Time! I love making cards, and knowing that each one is different from all others. In this case, I created a fat mitten card (so there was lots of real estate to play with) and added different embellishments and textures to make each one unique.
- KNK digital cutting system
- WorldWin CutMates Cardstock
- KNK USA Vinyl
- Standard (red cap) Blade
- Transfer tape
- Double Sided Adhesive
- Optional embossing folders and embellishments (REMEMBER: You can make your own embossing folders with your KNK digital cutting system and the embossing kit!!)
Settings (Maxx Air):
- Vinyl settings
- f = 9
- v = 200
- passes = 1
- Cardstock settings:
- f = 58
- v = 300
- passes = 1
- Create desired card shape in MTC or KNK Studio
- Duplicate shape and Mirror Image it
- Place shapes side by side, and align horizontally
- Add a rectangle to provide the overlap to weld the shapes together
- Create fluffy ‘topper’ for the mitten card
- Cut the shapes out
- Assemble card with adhesive
- Embellish. I used Bird’s HO HO HO card file to create the embellishment on the red mitten card. I cut the top white layer from vinyl since the snowflakes were the size of a nickel.
I did not need to create an embossing line for the card fold because it was very visible due to the angle of the card shape at the top and bottom of the fold.
You can download the fat mitten card and topper file HERE – free for a limited time.