This beautiful butterfly pen was an idea that came to my mind when I wanted to make a very special and unique gift arrangement for my very special and unique friend. And I wanted the gift to match the balloon, lol. Immediately, a butterfly came out of the balloon. Now, what can I make with a butterfly that she can use? So I thought of a pen because she has to write every day.
The top part of the pen is a decoration that she could use with other pens or pencils because it is removable.
So let start making this project:
The materials that we are going to use to make this project are:
Settings for Groove-e Machine:
- Force = 25
- Speed = 150
Steps to make the pen:
- I found a pretty butterfly in the MTC Gallery, downloaded it, and made a big shadow of that butterfly. I then had the butterfly in two different sizes.
- I cut a small rectangle big enough to put around of the top of any pen.
- I cut two pieces of the shadow butterfly that would allow me to glue them around the border, leaving a space to fill with Poly-fil.
- I glued the rectangle base that I made to put on top of the pen.
- Before gluing the two butterflies together, I made the antennas with pipe cleaners and glued them to one of the butterflies so that when I glued the butterflies together the antennas would be between them.
- Next, I glued the two butterflies together. Once the butterflies were glued and filled, I then glued the top of the butterfly to close it.
- I proceeded to embellish the butterfly with ribbon and paper flower.
- Finally, I covered the pen with ribbon so it looks nice and pretty.
Steps to make the arrangement:
- I filled the bud vase with candies and covered the mouth of the vase with kitchen wrap paper so the candies stay covered and clean all of the time.
- Next, I put foam on the top of the base and covered it with ribbon and a paper flower.
- Then, I attached the pen and the balloon.
- I made a bow with ribbon and tulle and glued it to the balloon.
- I also put more pipe cleaner to the vase to make it look more beautiful.