We are getting ready for our first craft show of the season and I am working on the visual appeal of my booth. The banquet table I use is not very attractive, and the canvas I usually cover it with it is bulky. I decided to make a fitted banquet table cloth with ThermoFlex Plus HTV.
The canvas I used for the tablecloth was cut from a painter’s drop cloth. I have used this canvas in the past and love the way it looks. But it is rather stiff and doesn’t drape well. So I decided to bleach it to whiten and make it softer. I’m happy to say it worked great and gave me just the look I was after. I found some tips here on how to bleach the canvas.
- Canvas drop cloth
- ThermoFlex Plus
- Red Capped Blade
- Iron or Heat Press
- Settings for KNK Zing:
- Force – 18
- Speed – 10
- Multicut – 1 or 2
- Cut and weed HTV vinyl.
- Choose design for canvas and import/copy SVG into Make-The-Cut (or open design from MTC Gallery). Here’s a link to my table design SVG if you’d like to use it.
- Cut Canvas Table Skirt. (Measure distance from table top to floor. Measure that distance from hem of drop cloth and make a snip with sharp scissors. At snip, rip drop cloth to create skirt piece.
- Cut Canvas Table Top. (Lay canvas on floor and smooth it out. Lay table top upside down on canvas and trace around it with a pencil. Remove table and cut, leaving a half inch seam allowance.)
- Lay out design on canvas skirt for placement.
- If design is very large, it is helpful to use pins to secure in place while moving and/or setting up in heat press.
- Heat press vinyl per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Pin canvas top to skirt and stitch.
I really love how this turned out! It fits the table perfectly and I think it will draw attention to my booth. This would also be a great project for a table at a party or a rustic-themed wedding reception.