I like to do theme birthday parties for my kids and try to make everything with my KNK Zing. This year we decided to do a joint party for our kids since their birthdays are one day apart. The theme we did this year was tractors!! I made the invitations, banner, goodie bags and everything in them except for the pencils, the kids shirts, the center pieces, and the pin the smoke stack on the tractor game. The items in the goodie bags were temporary tattoo, tractor crayons, pencil, bottle coozie and water bottle and all were made with the Zing except the pencils and crayons but I did make the crayons.
Temporary Tattoo: I saw online about printable temporary tattoos online and thought they would be really cool to do. There’s a few different kinds of paper out for these and I got what was available locally since I waited til the last minute to do them. The paper I used was from Silhouette.
- Speed: 9/9
- Force: 70
- Passes: 2
- Offset: .25 Standard Blade (Red Cap)
- I found the image I wanted and pixel traced in MTC, then I mirrored the image because it has lettering on it and I also added a shadow layer to give a little bit of room around it.
- Print out the tattoos and make sure it is 100% dry before putting on the clear layer
- Place the clear layer on top of the dried tattoo paper
- Cut out the tattoos using 2 passes to ensure that you have gotten through the plastic and paper.
- Apply like normal temporary tattoo.
Below are the other items I made for the party.
Invitation: I made it out of cardstock and used Print and Cut (PnC) for the words on the back
Shirts: I made each of my kids special shirts for their day. My daughters was made with glitter HTV and my son’s onesie was made with flocked and denim HTV
Pin the smoke stack: This I made extra large and used the tiler function in MTC to make it large
Center Piece and Banner: I made these just out of cardstock. This year I remembered to cut the holes out for the banner with the Zing rather than hole punching them later.
Coozies: I just used regular HTV on these coozies and personalized them for each child
Goodie bag and water bottle label:
And I have to add a picture of the cakes my friend made and the balloon tractor my husband made: