This is an invitation that I made for this tutorial only. In this tutorial, we will be tracing an invitation for a baby shower as well as printing and cutting it.The invitation was done in PowerPoint using some files from MTC. After making it, I then imported and traced it in MTC and/or SCAL4. All the information on that invitation is, however, false and completely made up.
Tracing a Baby Shower Invitation for Print and Cut
- KNK Digital Cutting Machine (I used the KNK Groove-e and KNK Force for this project)
- Red cap blade
- MTC or SCAL4
- Paper (you can use cardstock or another type of paper for invitation)
Settings KNK Groove-e:
- Blade = Red
- F = 9
- S= 150
- First, I opened MTC and searched in the gallery for an airplane as well as a baby. After selecting the ones that I liked I then combined both files to put the baby on top of the airplane.
- Once the file was done, I then opened it in PowerPoint to make the invitation. This was very simple and easy just applying Copy and Paste.
- In PowerPoint, I just went to Insert>Shapes and chose Thought Buble: Cloud. I resized the cloud to be 5×7, which will be the size of my invitation.
- After that, I went to Format Shape and filled the cloud with a picture.
- Finally, I placed the airplane that I brought from MTC where I saw fit, in this case, it was one of the corners of the cloud.
- Once the invitation was done, I imported the file to MTC in order to make the tracing.
- Go to Pixel trace icon
- Select the image to be traced and Click Open
- Then, I adjusted the Threshold to 206, Resample Image to 1.5
- Checked Mark on Texturize Path and Blackout Path
- Then, Apply Changes
- Finish Tracing
- After that, I Copy and Paste in Place
- I added the Reg Marks
- Finally, I proceeded to make the Print and cut
Video en Español utilizando SCAL4 para el trazado y la máquina KNK Force para el corte