We were celebrating our niece’s “Quinceañero”, so I decided to make something really, really special for her. Using my wonderful KNK Groove-e, vinyl and some embelishment, I was able to make the “perfect” lettering, fixed in the position of an arc to put on top of a portrait of her, that i drew. The portrait, the arc, and the back of the numbers 15 were done using Styrofoam and vinyl. With her name and the number 15 on on the arch, decorated with flowers.
The materials that we are going to use for this project are:
- KNK cutter machine
- Red Cap Blade
- Silk Flower
- Glue gun
- Wood sticks
- Foam Cutter Wire
Settings for Groove-e Machine:
- Force = 15
- Speed = 150
Steps to make the Decorative Arc:
- I cut an arch out of Styrofoam using a Foam Cutter Wire.
- I measure the arc and I made a virtual mat on MTC a little bit bigger than the size that would be my arch.
- Then, Inside that virtual mat, from Basic Shapes>Generic, I choose the Block Arc and put it approximately the size of my arc.
- After that, I choose the letter that I wanted to use and I wrote the name of my niece, t which is Zaylene.
- Click on the Bézier Warp icon on the Magic Toolbar.
- I choose Manual size and stretched the sides to make an oval.
- Then, I played with the width and height bottom until I get the shape that I wanted and clicked apply.
- The final step was to size the name inside the Block Arc that I had on my virtual mat. I wrote the numbers 15 and send it to cut.
- The numbers 15 were placed on a Styrofoam, cut with a foam cutter wire, stuck in a wood stick and glued to the arch with hot glue.