Calling all cardmakers and scrapbookers! Okay, I’m not just singling them out – anyone can use this technique.
I love to use stamped images and words in my cards and on my pages and other creations – especially when I can color in the stamp so each one is totally unique and personal. Then by giving a stamp a shadow layer, or two or three, I can really make it POP!
These images are from the Gifted Wings stamp set from Fun Stampers Journey.
Settings (Maxx Air):
- f = 61
- v = 350
- p = 1
- Stamp your image on a quality cardstock that will give a clean and crisp image.
- Scan the stamped cardstock and save the image to your computer.
- Pixel trace the saved stamp image and import it. At this point, I like to measure my actual stamped image and ensure it is the same width/height of the traced image.
- Add a shadow layer slightly larger than your stamped image. This layer will be the stamped (and colored) layer.
- Add another shadow layer at your preferred size to accent your stamped image. Repeat as desired.
- Color, assemble and share!