It’s fun to use DIY decorated cloth napkins for those special occasion dinners. In fact, why not use them everyday and save the cost and waste of paper napkins! For this project I used inexpensive cloth napkins which I found at Walmart. An inkjet transfer is used to add the design.
- Cloth napkins
- Inkjet transfers (I used Jet Pro Soft Stretch)
- Make the Cut Software
- Red Capped Blade
- Heat Press or Iron
Settings for KNK Zing:
- Force – 40
- Speed – 10
- Multi-Cut – 2
- Import Pixel Trace
- Mirror Image
- Print out image. (Follow instructions in MTC manual if not sure how to complete Print and Cut.)
- Cut, using Print and Cut.
- Iron napkin and fold so that the surface that is exposed will be the portion you want to apply the image to. Press again while folded. (I used a 13 X 13 inch napkin and folded in eighths.)
- Place image face down on napkin.
- Check instructions for the Inkjet Transfer. (For Jet Pro Soft Stretch and heat press, set at 350 degrees and press for 25 seconds.)
- Carefully peel paper off napkin.
Anyone from Northern Michigan understands the pride felt by those that are “born and bred” in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Since my husband and I were not born in the U.P., we are not considered “Yoopers” by the locals. However, we do enjoy the benefits of living in this beautiful part of the country, and the design I used embraces our “transplant” status.