These are some Beautiful Paper Flowers for a Birthday Decoration. I am making decorations for a birthday party that is going to have butterflies. We always associate Butterflies with flowers. So, I decided to make some flowers to add to the decorations. But I can tell you that the flowers look soooo beautiful that I have ended up doing more flowers than butterflies, LOL. All of these flowers are made completely out of paper.
Beautiful Paper Flowers Birthday Decoration Instructions:
- KNK Digital Cutting Machine (This time I used my KNK Groove-e for this project)
- Red cap blade
- Tissue Paper
- Acrylic Paint
- Curly Ribbon
- Paint brush
- Glue gun
- F = 06
- V = 550
- First, If you do not know how to draw a petal or if you still learning how to pixel trace, then search for a flower in MTC and just remove one petal from it.
- Once you have the petals that you want, then you have to decide the size that you want the biggest petals to be.
- Once you have decided the size of your biggest petals, make a small incision in the bottom, middle of the petals. like so:
- Now, you have to make five more petals smaller than the other ones. For example, I made the giant flower using 8.5 x 11-inch papers (regular copy paper). So, I made my biggest petals to fix the copy paper. MTC gives you the diameters of your shapes. Following those measurements, I click Copy>Paste in Place, and then subtracted 1.25 inches. I did the same to each petal until reaching six petals in total. For the medium flowers, I decided that the biggest petals were 5.30″ and then I subtracted .62″ to the remaining petals until reaching six petals.
- Then, for the huge flower, I cut 8 of the biggest petals, then 8 of the second biggest, and 4 of each remaining petals. For the medium flowers, I cut 8 of the biggest petals, and 4 of each remaining petals.
- Now, overlap the flaps, from the earlier incision, which should have been applied to the rest of the petals. Then glue them together. Also, wrinkle the paper a little bit for a more natural look
- Then, I cut a circle of 5.5 (W/H) inches to glue the petals forming the flowers.
- Now, I started to glue the petals inorder to form the flowers.
- For the giant flower, I made a separate tissue paper flower and glued it in the center of the flower. Just to make it different.
- The Stem of the flowers are newspaper sheets rolled and painted green
- The leaves are a file from MTC