This is an invitation that I made for this tutorial only. In this tutorial, we will be tracing an invitation for a baby shower as well as printing and cutting it.The invitation was done in PowerPoint using some files from MTC. After making it, I then imported and traced it in MTC and/or SCAL4. All the information on that invitation is, however, false and completely made up.
Tracing a Baby Shower Invitation for Print and Cut
Settings KNK Groove-e:
- First, I opened MTC and searched in the gallery for an airplane as well as a baby. After selecting the ones that I liked I then combined both files to put the baby on top of the airplane.
- Once the file was done, I then opened it in PowerPoint to make the invitation. This was very simple and easy just applying Copy and Paste.
- In PowerPoint, I just went to Insert>Shapes and chose Thought Buble: Cloud. I resized the cloud to be 5×7, which will be the size of my invitation.
- After that, I went to Format Shape and filled the cloud with a picture.
- Finally, I placed the airplane that I brought from MTC where I saw fit, in this case, it was one of the corners of the cloud.
- Once the invitation was done, I imported the file to MTC in order to make the tracing.
- Go to Pixel trace icon
- Select the image to be traced and Click Open
- Then, I adjusted the Threshold to 206, Resample Image to 1.5
- Checked Mark on Texturize Path and Blackout Path
- Then, Apply Changes
- Finish Tracing
- After that, I Copy and Paste in Place
- I added the Reg Marks
- Finally, I proceeded to make the Print and cut
Video en Español utilizando SCAL4 para el trazado y la máquina KNK Force para el corte
This was the Entrance banner decoration for a surprise birthday party that we threw for my mother. My mother turned 70 and we wanted to make something really special for her. I asked her for help to make the decoration but she did not know that she would be helping me with her own decoration, LOL. That was very funny and pretty ironic for a surprise birthday party hahaha.
In one of the prior post, I showed how to make the paper flowers to decorate any occasion. Here is the link with the step by step on how to make the paper flowers. In this post, I will show you how to make the banner that says Happy Birthday Zory.
Entrance banner decoration special Birthday Party
- First, I covered the Blank Coroplast sheet with white cardboard because the Blank Coroplast that I had available was yellow. So you can skip this step if your Blank Coroplast is the color that you want your final project to be.
- After that, with the tissue paper, I covered the bottom with one color and the top with another color of paper.
- Then, I measure the size of the Coroplast and I chose flowers from MTC Gallery to be cut out of Vinyl. On each flower, I wrote a letter of the name of my mother. I also wrote the word Happy Birthday to be cut out of Vinyl as well.
- Because I wanted to transfer those letters on top of tissue paper. I first took out a little bit of the adhesive of the transfer tape by putting a towel on top of the sticky side of the transfer paper.
- Then, carefully, I transferred everything onto the banner.
- Next, I glued some silk flowers to make the banner more attractive.
- Lastly, to complement the entrance, I drew and painted a butterfly on styrofoam
In today’s day and age, it is very popular to take monthly pictures in order to record the most important moments in a babies life. However, for my Goddaughter’s baby, I made a Baby Monthly Onesie Complemented With a Tutu. With the same ribbon I used to make the Tutu, I also made a bow to put on her head. Basically, Instead of pictures, I have clothes… Who am I kidding I also have pictures, lots and lots of pictures, LOL!
With the KNK cutters, we can make fabulous projects which help us remember the moments which seem to pass by in an instant. For example, the first few months of a babies life. These onesies that I made for my Goddaughter’s baby girl is just one example of what you can do with the KNK machines.
Baby Monthly Onesie Complemented With a Tutu Instructions:
- First, I designed what I wanted to put on the onesie using the gallery of MTC. You can draw your own design and then trace it in SCAL or MTC to make your project more personalized.
- Then, once I was happy with the design, I proceeded to cut it out of a heat transfer vinyl with my KNK Groove-e. Remember that you have to cut this material in mirror image. The heat transfer vinyl is a really good material to work with.
- Next, using my heat press machine I transferred the image onto the onesie.
- Lastly, to make the Tutu, I just followed a youtube tutorial. To be honest with you, I do not know how to sew. But thanks to youtube, the Tutu was actually really easy to make.
This is a very easy to make Birthday Girl Shirt using beads for a unique birthday girl. This shirt was made with iron-on vinyl and beads for a special look. This is a really fun project to make with your kids. They would love decorating their own shirts with beads. And believe me, they will be very proud wearing a shirt that they created themselves.
Birthday Girl Shirt Using Beads
- First, I designed what I wanted to press on the shirt using MTC and cut it out of vinyl using my KNK Groove-e. Remember to cut iron-on vinyl in reverse!
- After that, I pressed the design onto the shirt.
- Then I placed the shirt on the table and started cutting tassels all around the shirt. You have to decide what length to make the tassels. It cannot be too short if you want to put two beads on each string.
- First of all, remove the hem at the bottom of the shirt and the sleeves as well. This will help to make the bead process easy.
- Once all the tassels have been cut, proceed to pull on all of the strings. Pulling will make the string thinner and curl to cover a little bit of the cut edges.
- Then I started to attached the beads. To do this, I just inserted a string into a bead and placed the bead where I wanted it. Then, I made a knot so the bead cannot come off.
- Now because I wanted two beads on the same string, I inserted the second bead at the end of the string and made another knot to secure the bead from coming off.
- Then I did the same with all of the tassels including the sleeves of the shirt.
These are some Beautiful Paper Flowers for a Birthday Decoration. I am making decorations for a birthday party that is going to have butterflies. We always associate Butterflies with flowers. So, I decided to make some flowers to add to the decorations. But I can tell you that the flowers look soooo beautiful that I have ended up doing more flowers than butterflies, LOL. All of these flowers are made completely out of paper.
Beautiful Paper Flowers Birthday Decoration Instructions:
- First, If you do not know how to draw a petal or if you still learning how to pixel trace, then search for a flower in MTC and just remove one petal from it.
- Once you have the petals that you want, then you have to decide the size that you want the biggest petals to be.
- Once you have decided the size of your biggest petals, make a small incision in the bottom, middle of the petals. like so:
Now, you have to make five more petals smaller than the other ones. For example, I made the giant flower using 8.5 x 11-inch papers (regular copy paper). So, I made my biggest petals to fix the copy paper. MTC gives you the diameters of your shapes. Following those measurements, I click Copy>Paste in Place, and then subtracted 1.25 inches. I did the same to each petal until reaching six petals in total. For the medium flowers, I decided that the biggest petals were 5.30″ and then I subtracted .62″ to the remaining petals until reaching six petals.
- Then, for the huge flower, I cut 8 of the biggest petals, then 8 of the second biggest, and 4 of each remaining petals. For the medium flowers, I cut 8 of the biggest petals, and 4 of each remaining petals.
- Now, overlap the flaps, from the earlier incision, which should have been applied to the rest of the petals. Then glue them together. Also, wrinkle the paper a little bit for a more natural look
- Then, I cut a circle of 5.5 (W/H) inches to glue the petals forming the flowers.
- Now, I started to glue the petals inorder to form the flowers.
- For the giant flower, I made a separate tissue paper flower and glued it in the center of the flower. Just to make it different.
- The Stem of the flowers are newspaper sheets rolled and painted green
- The leaves are a file from MTC
Beautiful Paper Flowers Birthday Decoration