In this day of electronic communication, I still like to say Merry Christmas the old fashion way with Christmas cards. Since getting my KNK Maxx Air, I love to make my own special cards for family and friends. This year I took some purchased SVG cut files designed by Daniela Angelova and added my own shiny touches to them with foil and Mylar.
Pre-cut card base
Adhesive (I used my Xyron sticker machine)
SVG Cut Files from; http://digiplayground.com
Maxx Air Settings
Pearl Embossed Cardstock
Force = 70, Speed = 300, Red Blade, Passes = 1, Blade Height = 25
- Using pre-cut 5″x5″ cards, I printed the Merry Christmas sentiment inside the cards with a laser printer.
- Layer heat reactive foil over the words and run through Minc machine, or a laminator machine to activate the foil adhesion and make the words shiny!
- Set up SVG files in Make the Cut to maximize paper. Cut shapes using the appropriate settings for your paper type.
- Run cut shapes through Xyron adhesive sticker machine, or use the glue of your choice.
- Apply cut shapes to metallic Mylar and trim to outer edges of shape.
- Run through Xyron again (or apply adhesive to back of Mylar that is now adhered to the cut shape).
- Apply to card base (Pre-cut 5”x5” cards). I set up a jig to make sure I lined everything up just right.
- Add any additional embellishments for a special touch!
Adding the shine really made my project stand out. This card project was fun and an easy way to use many of my creative “toys”!