The United States is the only country with a known birthday. ~James G. Blaine
Just a simple patriotic page this month using the KNK Shape tools. After determining how the base papers would be layered (Brick cardstock, navy printed paper, Nautical Blue Light cardstock) a star was made using the shape tool and outlined using the contour tool. Only the inner star was cut from the Nautical Blue Light cardstock so the navy printed paper would show through. Next the red outline was cut from Brick cardstock. Four mini stars were also made and cut from the Brick cardstock.
Once the page was laid out it needed to be further enhanced, so fireworks were made to tuck under the photo. A firework vector clip art (without a copyright) was located and imported then traced into the KNK software. A circle was welded to the center to attach all the fireworks sparks.
If you would like to recreate this page the straight paper cuts are as follows:
- Brick cardstock 12×12
- Navy printed paper 11.75×11.75
- Nautical Blue Light cardstock 11.5×11.5
- Stripe Paper 1.5×8
- Navy Print 2×6
- White Numbers Print 1.5×5.5
- Photos 4×6 & two cropped wallet photos (2×3) Brick photo mat 4×3
- Free cutting files in KNK, MTC, SVG, and PDF are included with this post!
The page was embellished using rhinestones and buttons.
I keep my 15″ KNK Maxx settings at Overcut 15 & Trailing Blade 20 because I only use my machine to cut paper.
Please visit the KNK Gallery on my website to see more projects that I have created using my Klic N Kut.
Photo: Courtesy of Petrini Photography
All supplies from Bazzill Basics Paper:
- Freedom: Pledge Allegiance printed paper 
- Freedom: The Year | Stripes Forever 
- Freedom: To the Praires 
- Freedom: Journaling Cards 
- White Cardstock [10-1005]
- Brick Cardstock [2-270]
- Nautical Blue Light Cardstock [19-7053]
- Clear Jewels 8mm 
Assorted buttons from designer’s personal stash