Valentine Card, Box and Tag

Hiyah fellow KnK-ers!

Today I’d like to share a matching Valentine set with you. Each element has the same heart design which is delicate enough for a female recipient but not too frilly for the men in our lives. There is a card, a pillow box for your sweet treats and a tag for any larger gifts. The cut files are available at the end of this post :)

Valentine Set 1

These are the Materials I used:

These are the Zing Settings I used:

  • Blade = Standard
  • Blade Height = 25 post-it notes
  • Offset = 0.30
  • Speed = 10
  • Force =  90
  • Passes = 1

Assembly: All 3 items are very simple to assemble, simply cut the larger pieces from white card and the detail pieces in red or pink, attach these to your larger pieces with some wet glue to give you some wiggle time for perfect alignment.

Valentine Set 2

You can add an insert to your card if you wish to prevent your message from showing through the front of your card.

Valentine Set 3

If your sweets are small and run the risk of falling through the holes in the front of your pillow box, try adding a piece of acetate or vellum behind the heart detail.

Valentine Set 4

If you would like to see more projects I have created with my Zing, access my Free Cut Files and read my Terms of Use, you can find my blog here:

Here are today’s Cut Files:


Valentine Heart Card and Tag by Bird


Valentine Heart Pillow Box by Bird

It’s me again!

I may have a warped sense of humor and put that together with a heat press and it can be dangerous.

IMG_3723 In case you are so inclined here is the file. HTV my wife is psyc Hot Ic


HTV vinyl

Heat Press

KNK Maxx


15″Knk Maxx

red capped blade Force 60

Speed 450

Temp 320 for 25 seconds

So Blessed…

I think those of us who own a KNK or Zing and are able to use it on a regular basis know that we are blessed. :O) I have fun doing the simplest little things.

Every year I make stickers to put on my calendar to help remind me of important Birthdays. I have a large family, 7 siblings, most who have spouses, kids, grandkids…and I like to send them all cards. So the reminders on the calendar are helpful. Last year I did balloons, this year hearts. You can cut a ton of them on a small piece of vinyl and when weeded they become stickers. If you don’t want to put them on your calendar you can make them and make your kids or grandkids happy with some inexpensive stickers that they can use to create. This heart is the perfect heart and can be used for many things. Here is the file team knk heart

IMG_3698 IMG_3697 IMG_3699 Materials Used



15″ KNK Maxx

red capped blade

force 45

speed 450


And here is one of the Birthday cards that I made. My dear friend Colleen sent me some colored twine. When I saw this card on Pintrest I knew I had to make it to use the twine to make her Birthday card! If I knew how to do a print and cut (some day!) I would have done that. But there are 50 ways to avoid learning how to do a print and cut. I cut the white part of Snoopy from white cardstock and then cut the black part from vinyl and applied it to the cardstock!  The background was run through my Cuttlebug. The joys of being a KNK owner are indeed endless. Here is the card file snoopy card





15″ KNK Maxx

Red capped blade

Force 45 for vinyl

100 for cardstock

Speed 450

Rhinestone and Iron-on project

This past weekend was Unleash the Magic with KNK retreat – and we had a fantastic time! In one if the classes, retreat guests learned how to make rhinestone templates,  transfer their designs, and apply them with a heat press.

2015-01-19 08_opt


  • Rock-it Flock
  • Thick material blade
  • Transfer tape
  • Rhinestones
  • Glitter Flex Ultra


  1. Create your design.
  2. Use the Rhinestones feature in MTC.
  3. Cut the template material using the thick material blade @ recommended setting.
  4. Brush in the stones.
  5. Use rhinestone transfer tape to oick up the design.
  6. Place the design on the bag.
  7. Heat press 5 seconds at 350 degrees.
  8. Cut the iron-on material (mirror image).
  9. Weed.
  10. Position on bag and heat press according to instructions.



Engrave with KNK and MTC

This is a BONUS post – I just couldn’t wait to share how to engrave fill with KNK and MTC.

For those of us with KNK Studio, we have the ability to use fill options for engraving. Using Make-the-Cut many of us have only engraved text or shape outlines.


0.030 Craft Plastic – Zing/Maxx Engraving Tool, silhouette shape then cut with Thick Material Blade

Following the retreat in Orlando this weekend Omayra, retreat guest Danny, and I were brainstorming how to make it work. We immediately got out our computers and started making notes. Once we developed a solution AND some absolutely fabulous alternatives, I was itching to try it out. Unfortunately, I did not bring a machine to Florida with me. Danny sensed my anticipation and willingly unpacked his Zing Air and let me play!!! Glorious! I contemplated using photo glass from one of the hotel pictures but luckily had some craft plastic left over from the retreat to play with (so I resisted).


These are some of the patterns we explored:

Circles at 0.02 gap


Stars at 0.01 mm gap


Stars at 0.02 mm gap

I created a video (sorry, no sound while I’m here in Florida) and a step-by-step pdf so you can create your own engraving patterns!

YouTube Video link

PDF instruction set

What’s even more exciting is that I saved all of the engraving patterns I created to “Your (my) Shapes” for later use! Create once, and use forever!